Monday, January 24, 2011

31 weeks, 31 pounds

As of Friday, I am in my 31st week of pregnancy. As of my doctor's appointment this morning, I have gained 31 pounds. Wow. Considering the fact that my doctor suggested I gain anywhere from 25-30 pounds throughout MY WHOLE PREGNANCY, I think I'm a little off track.

Baby C's heart rate is great, my blood pressure is good, and I passed the dreaded glucose test with flying colors; however, this new not-working-thus-eating-everything lifestyle is not working in my body's favor. I know I should be exercising. Every article I read, every email on pregnancy I get, every book by my bed tells me I should be exercising daily, so why is this such a difficult concept for me? My latest cravings have been avocados and peaches. I drink water by the gallon. I eat spinach daily. Yet still, I expand at a rapid pace.

Before pregnancy, I always swore I would be one of those ultra fit women to whom people say things like, "You are all belly! How do you do it?" To which I would reply," Oh, it's nothing," as if I were naturally the perfect maternity model. This is so much easier said than done. When the 2nd trimester is filled with cravings for fast food, ice cream, and donuts, the scale just doesn't lie.

Yoga is not cutting it alone and I need to get my butt outside (in the COLD) and take a walk... or something like that. If you see me in the neighborhood, wave!  I'll be the giant woman in spandex gasping for breath. 

1 comment:

  1. Girl, you are doing just fine! Your body is gaining what it needs and sweet baby C is growing growing growing. Don't worry so much on the number. Was your doc worried? My OB was a weight policeofficer. Every lb was examined. She wanted me to gain 20-25 lbs. WHATEVER!! I ended up gaining about 40....and have already lost it. You will be fine. Your sugars are good, your BP is good. You feel good. You are fine!!!

    ReplyDelete